The work of our Board is underpinned by our committees. We always welcome ideas, help and advice and it is especially appreciated when it comes from our members. To find out more about our committees, please contact us setting out what committee you would like to join and what you can bring to your chosen committee.
The Membership Committee maintains the integrity of the demographic of the CWN membership and helps the membership process.
- Defining the strategy for finding and inviting new members (including breakfasts and drinks)
- Managing the new member process including validation against selection criteria
- CWN champions to help transition for prospective and new members.
- Identifying and shaping relationships with potential corporate members and appointing corporate ambassadors.
Formed to support and enhance member communications and to ensure our target audiences are well informed about CWN initiatives, our purpose and our goals. We make extensive use of social media tools, including Twitter and LinkedIn to extend our reach and visibility.
The Communications Committee plays an active role in supporting CWN events and leveraging our Board’s and members’ connections, influence and ideas to champion women’s contribution and success in business.
The Communications Committee also has a PR role, seeking to promote news of our achievements and our members’ achievements and to ensure CWN has an appropriate share of voice in the media on issues aligned to our values and core themes.
The Committee also plays a key role in the production of all CWN publications and marketing materials, ensuring collateral is aligned to our brand.
Professional Development Committee
The Professional Development Committee creates and develops programmes for both the personal and professional development needs of senior women leaders.
- Defining professional development programmes that are current and topical to the CWN membership (e.g. board pipeline programmes).
- Defining strategy and objectives for each calendar year aligned to CWN objectives.
- Ensuring that there is a balanced range of events that addresses professional and behavioural development.
- Identifying and partnering with professional bodies to create value and opportunity for CWN members.
Under the leadership of the Social Activities Chair, the Social Activities Committee is responsible for shaping the social calendar for the year and building strategic relationships with individuals or CWN partners to interesting events.
- Developing a calendar of social events that provide opportunities for networking, dining, art, music, retail, fashion or feature our chosen charity.
- Identify and maintain strategic partnerships with external hosts.
- Work with CWN Communications Committee to design social events which will appeal to prospective and new members.
The Charity committee engages with the membership in the nomination and selection of a Charity of the Year. The committee manages this process including:
- Researching nominated charities which meet CWN criteria
- Arranging for the Board-approved shortlist to pitch to the members
- Liaising with the chosen charity throughout the year including internal and external PR
- Assisting with the Annual Gala Dinner – our major fundraising event