‘Plugged In …Tuned Out?’
CWN Fourth Annual Conference
10 February 2015
The conference theme was based on the ubiquitous infusion of digital technology throughout our professional and personal lives. As digitization proliferates, what are the gains and costs to businesses and individuals and what are the implications?
Dame Wendy Hall is Professor of Computer Science at the University of Southampton and a Director of the Web Science Institute. She was Dean of the Faculty of Physical Science and Engineering from 2010 to 2014, and Head of the School of Electronics and Computer Science from 2002 to 2007.
Anne-Marie Imafidon, Founder of STEMettes – inspiring the next generation of females into Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. A-Marie is the youngest to be awarded a Masters degree in Mathematics and Computer Science by Oxford aged 20, and was named the UK IT Industry & British Computer Society’s Young IT Professional of the Year in 2013.
- Evan Davis, British economist, journalist, and presenter for BBC Newsnight
- Professor Judy Wajcman, Anthony Giddens Professor of Sociology at the London School of Economics and a Research Associate of the Oxford Internet Institute
- Donna Hindson, Director of Marketing, Advertising & Online at Microsoft
- Olivia Solon, Technology Editor at the Daily Mirror
- Frances Booth, Author of The Distraction Trap and digital detox expert
- Michael Townsend Williams, Founder of Stillworks
- Andrew Grill, Global Partner with IBM and Head of the European social business consulting practice
- Sarah Drinkwater, Head of Campus at Google
- Holly Clarke, UK Country Manager, Airbnb
- Tom Adams, Global Head of Strategy, FutureBrand
- Dr. Mia Gray, University of Cambridge, Senior Lecturer and Fellow of Girton College
- Yolande Young, Chief Information Security Officer, SAB Miller
- Katelyn Donnelly, Managing Director, Pearson Affordable Learning Fund
- Alana and Lisa MacFarlane , (The Mac Twins), Presenters, DJs and Writers Eleanor Shearer, Oxford University 2013 National Debate Champion
- Michael Dunn Goekjian, Former President, Cambridge University Union (2013-2014)
- Debbie Wosskow, CEO and Founder, Love Home Swap
- Christina Scott, CIO, Financial Times
- Emma Carr, Director, Big Brother Watch
Below are a selection of photos from the CWN 2015 conference.
For all photos please visit the photo gallery.
See the post-conference summary of our 2014 Annual Conference ‘Creative Disruption’ which featured Keynote Bill Winters CBE, CEO of Renshaw Bay.Previous panelists have included Annoushka Ducas MBE (Founder of Links & Annoushka), Dr. Gerard Lyons (Chief Economic Advisor to the Mayor of London), Martyn Lewis CBE (Journalist & Chair of NCVO), Jon Moulton (Better Capital) and Eze Vidra (Google).