As part of our series of events on the theme of Leading in uncertainty with impact and influence, Fiona Murden, chartered psychologist and author, will give a fascinating talk on why we are set up to fear failure and how to overcome that in order to be more successful.
Neither our brain, nor the society we live in, sets us up to embrace failure, yet failure is part of human nature and essential to success. The question is, why and what can we as an individual, a leader or a member of a team do to overcome this?
We will look at :
- Why we fear failure
- How the brain responds to fear
- What to do to minimize the impact on performance
Take-aways will be shared on:
- How to personally re-frame our mindset regarding failure
- How to improve EQ as a means of addressing failures and setbacks
- How cognitive re-framing can better understand underlying brain mechanisms to overcome fear of failure
- How, as a leader, we best use these insights to create an optimum team environment
A related psychometric tool will be available in Fiona’s new book –‘Defining You’, which will be available to purchase (cash only) through the event at the discounted price of £11 (RRP £16.99).
Timings: 8.00am – Registration and coffee
8.30am – CWN & Nomura Welcome
8.35 am – Fiona Murden talk and interactive session
9.00am – Q&A
9.30am – Networking
10.00am – Close
1 Angel Lane, London EC4R
Individual member: Free of charge
Corporate member: Free of charge
One guest per member: £30